How to Connect Hotmail to Gmail – In-Depth Handbook
We all know that we will need an email application to manage our email communications. Similarly, there are two emails here: Hotmail (Known as Outlook.com) and Gmail. If you are a Hotmail user but now you want to manage your email account using Gmail. So, this blog will prove to be very beneficial for you. Today in this guide we will tell you how you can connect Hotmail to Gmail. So, read the blog till the end to get complete information related to migrating Hotmail to Gmail tasks.
Table of Contents – Easy to Learn
Let us first get all the important information related to this task which will help us in understanding the transfer hotmail to gmail process. So, first of all, we are going to tell you some queries below.
User Queries Related to Outlook.com to Gmail
After knowing the user query, let us know all the reasons behind switching from hotmail to gmail.
Connect Hotmail to Gmail – Prime Factor
- You may streamline your email management by combining your emails into a single inbox, making it easier to keep track of your messages.
- Gmail has powerful filtering and forwarding capabilities, allowing you to better manage your Hotmail emails.
- You can use Gmail to access not just your Hotmail account, but also other email accounts, decreasing the need to transfer between email providers.
From the above section, we have discussed some of the user queries and reasons why users want to switch from Outlook.com to Gmail. So, now is the time to know all the techniques to add hotmail to gmail.
Therefore, there is a manual method available to complete this task. There is also a professional method with the help of which you can easily take a backup of all your Hotmail mailboxes and import it into Gmail. Well, let’s move further down and follow the solutions to convert Hotmail to Gmail.
Best Techniques to Link Hotmail Account to Gmail
To connect a Hotmail account to a Gmail account, make sure POP3 access is enabled for both Hotmail and Gmail accounts to connect Hotmail to Gmail. After that, collect the necessary information to complete the entire process of migrating emails from Hotmail to Gmail.
- Username for Hotmail.
- Your Hotmail account’s password.
- The POP server has arrived.
- Port number of the incoming POP server.
- The incoming server requires SSL.
- The server that is leaving.
- Is it necessary to authenticate?
- Is it necessary to use TLS/SSL?
Once you’ve obtained the necessary information, log in to your Gmail account and follow the instructions below to enable POP access.
Method 1: Enable POP Access in Gmail
- Sign into your “Gmail Account” and then click the “Gear” symbol.
- Select the “See All Settings” option now to connect Hotmail to Gmail.
- Navigate to the “Forwarding POP/IMAP” section and choose the “Enable POP For All Mail” checkbox.
- Scroll down and click the “Save Changes” button to enable POP access.
Now, follow the steps below to transfer emails from Hotmail to Gmail using POP3 server settings.
Method 2: Add Hotmail Account to Gmail Using POP3
- From the “Settings” panel, select “Accounts” and “Import” to connect Hotmail to Gmail.
- Scroll down and click on the “Add an Email Account” link.
- Then, input your Hotmail account’s email address.
- Check the box next to “Import Emails From Another Account (POP3)” and then click the Next button.
- Enter the third-party app password, POP server, and proper Port Number here to connect Hotmail to Gmail.
- When obtaining mail, always use a “Secure Connection (SSL)” and select the option to Leave a copy of the obtained message on the server. The latter option is available if your Hotmail account is connected via a secure connection.
- Finally, select the “Add Account” option to link your Hotmail account to Gmail to receive Hotmail in Google.
Here all the manual methods to migrate hotmail to gmail are finished but this method has some limitations which we have described below.
The DIY Method Has Limitations
- It is a time-consuming and labor-intensive technique. It may take up to two days for your Hotmail data to be successfully imported.
- This technique does not allow you to choose which emails to transfer from Hotmail to Gmail. You will also need some technical knowledge to locate the right details of the POP and SMTP servers, as well as the port numbers.
If you do not want to face any issues while migrating your Hotmail account to Gmail. Then, you can follow the below-mentioned method.
Note: If you are using Hotmail on Windows. Then, you can connect with our expert team.
Professional Way to Connect Hotmail to Gmail on Mac
You can use the IMAP Migrator Tool to switch from hotmail to gmail. The application is compatible with all Mac OS 13.0, 12.0, 11.0, and previous versions. You can quickly add Hotmail to your Gmail account with complete data safely and securely with this application. In addition to this, other attributes may be utilized to filter the process of importing emails based on the needs.
Step-by-Step Working Process Guide
- Install and run the application on the “Mac Machine.”
- Select “Hotmail” as the “Source” >> “Enter your Username”, and “Password”, then validate it.
- Then, select “Gmail” as the “Destination” >> “Enter Credentials” & “Validate” it.
- Your account will be mapped and listed in the “Preview Panel” by the software.
- Finally, to migrate Hotmail to Gmail, apply the data filters and click “Start” Migration.
Time to Conclude It
Connect Hotmail to Gmail is a realistic alternative for people who want to centralize their email accounts while also benefiting from Gmail’s functionality and organization. With this configuration, you may keep track of your emails without having to transfer between several email services. Give it a shot and you’ll discover a more effective email management procedure.