How to Recover Emails from OST File? Complete Guide
Throughout this blog, we will discuss different methods to accomplish the task of recovering an email message from an OST file. We will discuss both manual solutions as well as an automated utility to achieve the results. So, keep up with this blog until the end to get the best solutions from all over the Internet.
OST files, also known as Offline Storage Tables are the synchronized copy of a user’s Outlook mailbox. These files are useful when it comes to using Outlook in offline mode. However, sometimes these files struggle with issues that require professional help. Hence, we have drafted this technical write-up for you to accomplish the desired results using the following solutions.
Now, without any further ado, let us dive straight into the solutions and see which solution turns out to be the best suited for you.
Recover Emails from OST File Manually when the Exchange Profile is Disable not Deleted
If your Original Account is not changed yet and you can still start the MS exchange application offline using the old PST file then you can use this approach.
- Launch the MS Exchange client in offline mode.
- Go to the File tab and select Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Upon doing that, the Import Export Wizard will pen up.
- Then, click Export to a file >> Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Select the desired OST folders you want to access and click Next.
- Set the preferred location to save output files and click the Finish button.
- After following these steps, the OST data will get exported in a fresh PST file.
- At last, you can copy and transfer the mailbox from Outlook PST to Server based mailbox.
So, this was the procedure when your MS Exchange profile is only disabled and not deleted. Let us move on and see what is the solution when the OST is unlinked from the Exchange Server.
Recover Email from OST File Manually when the Exchange Profile is Deleted
In this situation, where the Exchange account is delinked from the OST file, the OST file is deemed an orphan. In this case, to recover emails for the file, the only way is to reestablish the synchronization between the MS Exchange Server and the Outlook OST file via a unique MAPI address.
Follow these given instructions to recover emails in this situation:
- Link Outlook with a genuine MAPI
- Connect this MAPI to the native MS Exchange server.
However, this method is not feasible for everyone hence, we have also brought an expert-recommended solution in the following segment.
Recover Emails from OST Files with a Professional Solution
To overcome the gaps and unreliability issues by manual solutions, experts recommend that users go for an automated utility in order to perform the process securely and effortlessly. Therefore, we have brought you TaskManagerFix OST Recovery Tool. Not only does this tool performs the task proficiently but also executes the procedure with extreme caution and the utmost security for user data. Moreover, it provides users with an abundance of advanced features and filters that make this tool one of a kind.
Steps to Use the Utility
- Download and launch the above-recommended software on your device.
- Click “Add File” to add OST files to the software.
- Select either Quick or Advance Scan mode depending on the corruption level of your OST files.
- Preview your OST files data in the software panel and click the Export Button.
- Select the PST file format and browse a preferred destination to store the resultant files on your system. Lastly, click Export to start the process.
And that is all for the steps to use this expert software to recover email from OST file.
Why Use the Utility?
- This tool does not impose any kind of file size restriction while recovering emails from OST files.
- Provides Date Range filter facility for selective recovery according to user preference.
- Offers options to Search All Drives of the system or a Selected Drive.
- Also recovers inline images from MS Outlook and OST files effortlessly.
- Capable of removing S/MIME and OpenPGP encryption from OST files as well.
This blog on “Recover Emails from OST File” discusses various solutions to recover email messages from OST files. We discussed different manual solutions as well as one automated solution that is recommended by numerous technical professionals. Unfortunately, the manual methods are not reliable enough when it comes to user data safety, hence, technical experts suggest users go for the above-mentioned professional utility.