How to Import OST File to Outlook? Know the Correct Way
Importing OST file data into Outlook is not an easy task, to say the least. However, there are a few solutions that can be applied in order to accomplish that. Therefore, we have drafted this technical write-up to guide users who are looking to import OST file to Outlook.
OST files (stands for Offline Storage Table or Offline Outlook Data Files) are a synchronized copy of a user’s Outlook mailbox. When a user creates a new Outlook account, an encrypted OST file is created. Each OST file is associated with a specific profile on a certain PC or laptop where your Outlook account is configured. One can use OST files if they have an MS Exchange account and want to work even when offline. These files are especially useful in the event of server downtime or an unreliable internet connection. So, let us dive into the article and see How can one import OST file to Outlook.
How to Import OST File in Outlook?
As you can see, Microsoft itself states that “there is no direct manual approach to adding or importing OST files into MS Outlook”. So how can users transfer their important data in OST files to other computers? Well, luckily there are other techniques and procedures that come into use to accomplish this task. There are two different manual ways as well as one automated solution to help users add OST file to Outlook. In the following segments, we are going to explain each of these methods to you; continue reading to get the solutions.
But first, let’s what kind of OST can actually be imported into MS Outlook
Manually Import OST File into Outlook
To manually accomplish the task one must know that it only applies when your OST file fulfills certain prerequisites.
- The OST file is linked to the Server.
- Your Outlook profile is active and working.
Steps to Manually Importing OST file into Outlook
Follow these steps to apply the manual procedure while adding an OST file into Outlook.
- Open your Outlook application. Click on the File tab on the Menu ribbon.
- In the file menu, click the Open & Export option
- Afterward, click Import/Export.
- In the appeared pop-up dialogue box, select the “Export to a File” option. Click Next.
- In the next dialogue box, select the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option.
- Enable the checkboxes beside the folders that you want to export.
- Check the box for “Include Subfolders” to ensure all the subfolders and their respective content gets exported as well.
- Click Browse to Select the location to save the resultant exported files. Also, check the box for whether you want to export duplicates or not.
Why Avoid the Manual Methods?
- It is a time-consuming and tedious method and thus, is tiring for users to execute.
- This method is extremely complicated which makes it unsuitable for most users.
- One cannot import orphaned or corrupted OST files using this manual approach.
- Importing multiple OST files is not possible with the manual approach.
- This technique requires technical insight; one single error can easily lead to data corruption or worse, data loss.
Professionally Import OST into Outlook
For the professional solution, we have brought you the TaskManagerFix OST to PST Converter. This is a splendid utility to convert your OST files into PST format in a smooth and hassle-free manner. Not only does this tool converts OST file into PST format but also provides advanced filters that help make the entire process extremely easy to navigate for users. Moreover, this utility is packed with amazing features that give it an upper hand over other options available on the internet.
Steps to Add OST File to MS Outlook
- Download and run the above-suggested utility on your system and click on Add File.
- Now Browse and Add your OST files to the software.
- Preview OST file data in eight different view modes
- Select PST from the list of the provided export options. Lastly, click on the Export button.
- Then, proceed to import the resultant files into your MS Outlook.
That is all for the steps, as you can see these are just a few quick and simple steps to import OST file into Outlook. Moreover, there are several advantages of using a professional software instead of a manual solution.
Benefits of Using the Automated Solution
- 100% Data Integrity to user OST data
- Dedicated Preview panel with four different modes.
- Advanced filters to sort through data
- Compatible with all Windows OS versions
This article on “Import OST file to Outlook” discussed various solutions you can use to accomplish the said task. We shared different manual solutions as well as one automated software to tackle the issue. However, manual methods tend to come with certain limitations that are not appreciated by both users and technical experts. Hence, professionals suggest that users go for the above-suggested automated solution.